Sunday, April 8, 2012

Indoors




All day I stayed indoors because I do not like the cold
I must be very cautious  because I am  getting old
I’d rather be inside the house where it is warm and nice
To save myself from falling when the snow turns into ice

I do not like to bundle up, but I really like the snow
But, it’s better to be inside, when there is no place to go
I always will remember, it was some long years ago
There was a terrible snow storm and I had to trample in the snow

Then, to me it was no problem, for I was young and strong
I tried to be precautious so that nothing would go wrong
There was no transportation, on the job I had to stay
Contented to know that I had a job and happy when I got my pay

Today the snow is for the young ones, they can wrestle with the cold
When you begin to struggle, know that you are getting old
The things we did when we were young , they are now in the past
Our lives depend on what we do, that’s how long that we will last

                                                                          Ruby D. Farley
                                                                          Nov 15th 2002


CopyrightFWDI15368884
CopyrightTXU0001586735 

No comments:

Post a Comment