Sunday, February 26, 2012

Reflections


          
February 1975, was a special year for me
With great anticipation, the outer world I had to see
I pledged to serve my country until the very end
One thing I always kept in mind - was GOD my special friend

Up in the morn at crack of dawn were challenges to meet
You had no choice - when you hear that voice
For vows were made to keep

When ever there was a problem - I continued come what may
With respect and concentration, all my efforts I display
BE BRAVE, BE STRONG, I was advised; remove all doubts and fears-
With faith and trust, I preserved, and made it through the years

I must admit, I’m grateful, for all the help I got
So I take this precious moment to say, that I will never forget
Platoon 3030 HCO 3rd Battalion “Thanks a Lot”
Different places I have traveled, strange people I have met
Boldly I stood, did the best I could, but never accepted reject

Sometimes I’ve had my ups and down, these things you’re sure to find
The good memories I will cherish, the bad ones I’ve left behind
A part from all activity, my job was top priority

Looking back I realize-- all this was my desire
Finally 2005 is here, so now I must retire
My job was done, I reached my goal - no efforts were relinquished
Today, I stand with dignity for all that I’ve accomplished

To my: Fellow Marines, something I’d like to say
With hard work and determination
Success will surely come your way
“GOD BLESS YOU” and GOD BLESS AMERICA”

                                                          By: Ruby D. Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment