Thursday, March 1, 2012

Retired



Once I was hired, now I’m retired because of injury and pain
I was not fired but was very tired of aggravation, sickness and strain
Now I don’t have to rush, no need to fuss doing this I have nothing to gain
Thank God I’m strong, could move around, but I’ll never be hired again

From day to day I worked very hard, on that job my choice was to stay
The paycheck was small, I couldn’t stall there were bills that I had to pay
That job I held tight, decided to fight patiently I toiled come what may, once
I felt like quitting, now I’m home relaxed sitting,all my job to do now is pray


                                                                                  Ruby D.Farley
                                                                                        2005



CopyrightTXU0001586735
CopyrightFWDI15368884

No comments:

Post a Comment